*This guide's reprinting is authorized by riftstrats.com
This fight is pretty much a joke in terms of difficulty. It is only as hard as you make it for yourself and going for the achievements is the only time this boss will ever be difficult unless they make some major changes to her.
- Original difficulty level: 6, current difficulty level: 6
- Health: 11.7m
- Hard enrage timer: 15 minutes
Ideal Raid Composition
- 1 Tank (Warrior or Cleric)
- 4-5 Healers (Clerics)
- 2 Support (Archon and Bard)
- 12-13 DPS (All ranged)
If you do not have the soul in your raid then she cannot gain the ability. So you want each class to bring the souls with easy to avoid abilities.
The raid composition we decided to go with is:
- Warrior Tank: Reaver, Paladin, and Void Knight
- Warrior DPS: Paragon, Champion, and Riftblade (Ranged)
- Rogue Bard: Bard, Bladedancer, and Saboteur
- Rogue DPS: Saboteur, Assassin, and Bladedancer (Ranged)
- Mage DPS: Pyromancer, Dominator, and Archon (Alternate spec)
- Mage Support: Archon, Pyromancer, and Dominator
- Cleric Heals: Warden, Sentinel, and Shaman (You can run a mix of warden/sent or go 51 warden as long as it has the three listed souls).
Feel free to move points around.
You can use a Cleric tank for purges and such, but we have no experience using a cleric tank so I can't offer much info on it.
We make everyone go ranged, including warriors, so healers only have to worry about the tank until mind controls start happening.
When you pull you want the main tank to tank her where she stands. The raid should spread out and position around her, but make sure you are not in front of the boss to avoid the pyromancer Flaming Breath attack she gains if a mages soul is drained. Mark your healers 1, 2, 3, etc and spread them out so they don't all get AoE silenced or CC'd on accident. The warrior tank and archon should work with each other to keep all buffs purged. Purgeable buffs are Avatar of the Rift (buff that reflects melee attacks) and Rage of the North (buff that makes her auto crit every attack).
When the boss casts Soul Drain she will use it on two players and deal 90% of their maximum health in damage to them so make sure everyone is topped off. This means she can have 3-6 souls on her at any time depending on who she casts it on. Pretty much every single soul you should have in your raid is not very deadly or easily avoidable. The only two abilities that need to be avoided is the Void Knight's Power Sink and Bard's Verse of Fascination. Void Knight's soul quickly drains the mana of all mana users within 30 meters for 10 seconds. All healers should be max range and should be ready to run out if a VK soul is stolen. If the Bard's soul is stolen then she will cast Verse of Fascination on one player which will CC that player and everyone in a 5 meter radius around them for 15 seconds (dispellable), so the raid should be spread out the whole fight.
Besides the VK and bard souls the only other ability that you have to worry about is the Mind Control which is used every minute (but can be pushed back a bit if she chain casts). The MC is the bosses soft enrage which is about 16-17 minutes long. At the beginning of the fight she will cast MC on one or two players and every time after that it will increase by one. If all twenty players get MC'd then the boss will either reset or instantly kill everyone.
The best way to deal with MC'd players is to have your bard use threat generating abilities to get aggro and tank them. If your bard is MC'd then you need to heal the person they focus (they tend to go to one player and swap to a healer if they throw out big heals). The worst part about this mechanic is the fact that they use any abilities you have, and the possibility of controlling all of your healers at the same time. This means if you can help it, you do not want any CC abilities or stuns that make it harder for a healer to heal. Also, you want to cleric cooldown the tank before every mind control and he should be able to survive even if all healers are mind controlled.
Note: We put our clerics at the bottom of every group in raid frames or all in the same group so it is easy for them to figure out how many of them are MC'd and what cooldowns need to be used.
Ability Summary & Recap
- Chloromancer - Steals Natural Splendor. Targets a random raid member and deals damage to that target and anyone in a 5-10 meter radius around them. This target will need massive heals.
- Warlock - Steals Neddra's Grasp. If you have the debuff you will take damage for every ability used until it is dispelled.
- Elementalist - Summons 6 rock adds with 55-60k health.
- Necromancer - Summons 10-12 zombie adds.
- Dominator - Steals Chastise and randomly casts it while the soul is stolen. Interruptible.
- Archon - Steals Waning Power. Debuffs raids attack and spell power by 200-300. Can be dispelled.
- Pyromancer - Steals Flaming Breath which is a frontal cone attack. Only tank should be hit if raid is positioned properly.
- Stormcaller - Steals Lightning Storm. AoE used on random players. They deal about 2500 damage per tick and about three spawn every time she uses them.
- Champion - Steals Titan's Strike which deals damage in a 15-20 meter radius around her. Instant kill if it crits.
- Paragon - Steals Death Touch which is a single attack on the tank that can deal upwards of 11k damage.
- Riftblade - Steals Avatar of the Rift which deals 1600 damage back to any melee attacker. Must be purged.
- Reaver - Steals Creeping Death which is a damage dealing dot applied to random raid members. Deals about 2600 damage per tick.
- Beastmaster - Steals the pet component of the beastmaster and summons one 360k health greater primal companion when the soul is stolen.
- Warlord - Not exactly sure but we believe she steals Spotter's Order. Tank seemed to take a ton more damage when the warlord soul was stolen.
- Paladin - Steals Impassable Guard which blocks all attacks for 10 seconds when cast.
- Void Knight - Steals Power Sink. It drains the full mana bar of anyone with mana within 30 meters of her in seconds.
- Saboteur - Steals Land Mines from the rogue and places them around Estrode. They knockback and deal damage to the player if stepped on.
- Ranger - Steal Rain of Arrows from the rogue. An AoE on a player that is very hard to see and they deal about 2500 damage per second. Spawn 2-3 per use.
- Riftstalker - Steals Scatter the Shadows and immunes herself from damage every now and then while the soul is stolen.
- Bard - Steals Verse of Fascination and uses it on a random raid member. CC's that player and anyone in a 5 meter radius around them for 15 seconds or so.
- Marksman - Steals Crossfire which is a cone attack used on a random raid member that deals 1200ish damage and also knocks players back. When cast she uses it about 4-5 times on a single raid member.
- Assassin - Steals Impale which can be used on any raid member with 20 meters of Estrode. Deals 2000 damage initially and the player then continuously bleeds for 2000 damage ticks until it falls off.
- Bladedancer - Steals Dancing Steel which is a channel Estrode casts that deals 2000 physical damage per second to anyone around her.
- Nightblade - Steals Living Flame. Purgeable.
- Cabalist - Steals Curse of Solitude. Everytime the player uses an ability it deals 1500-2000 damage to the player while also dealing a ton of damage just from the dot aspect applied to them.
- Inquisitor - Steals Circle of Oblivion which is an AoE cast on a player that deals 2500 damage per tick. Massive range and casts on multiple players at the same time.
- Druid - Summons three satyr's that cleave and each have about 120k health.
- Justicar - Steals Doctrine of Authority that deals massive damage to the tank. Possible instant kill if she gets lucky.
- Purifier - Steals Spiritual Conflagration which deals AoE damage to the raid. Going to need good AoE heals when this is cast.
- Sentinel - Steals Healing Communion which heals her nearby allies for a decent amount. Purgeable.
- Shaman - Steals Rage of the North which is a buff that makes her critically strike every melee hit. Purgeable.
- Warden - Steals Healing Showers that heals her minions a decent amount.
- Soul Drain - Incapacitates the target for about 2 seconds and deals 90% of their maximum health in damage. Also steals all three of the player souls.
- Mind Control - Used constantly throughout the fight. Number of mind controls increases by one for every time it is used.
(Looks best viewed in full screen at 1080p)
*This guide was brought to you by Value of Voodoo.
*This guide's reprinting is authorized by riftstrats.com