In RIFT 1.9: Conquest we're giving you all new ways to play - whether you love diving into the deepest dungeons or pushing back the Blood Storm's assault across Telara, with Mentoring you can get the most out of what the game has to offer!
Mentoring allows you to easily scale down to a level lower than your own while earning XP and rewards comparable to your natural level - whether you're playing with friends or jumping into the action alone you can continue advancing your character anywhere.
Movin' on Down - How to Use the Mentoring System
Coming to the aid of the less seasoned ascended couldn't be easier!
1. Right click your portrait
2. Select "Set Ascended Mentor Level" from the options
3. Use the slider or manually enter your desired level, the only restriction is that you cannot mentor down to a level less than 5 levels from your own (i.e. 45 is the maximum Mentored level you can set for a Level 50 character.)
4. It's adventure time!
Alternatively, if you're grouped with a player 5 levels or more below you all you need to do is right click their portrait and match their level - it couldn't be easier! Or could it? If Instant Adventure is your game any random adventure group you join will automagically Mentor you down to an appropriate level when needed!
Help Yourself by Helping Others - Earn XP & Rewards
Now that you know how easy Mentoring is you might be asking - what do I get out of it?
Besides a new way to enjoy all the content you might have missed while leveling you'll earn rewards and XP your character can use!
- Quests, Rift Content, and Mobs all give you XP comparable (but slightly less) to what you would earn at your natural level. This means you'll keep earning levels or Planar Attunement even when you're mentoring!
- Zone Events reward Sourcetone equivalent to your natural level. (i.e. if you're naturally Level 50, even if you're Mentored down to level 10 you'll still earn Inscribed Sourcestone from events.)
- Mentoring even gives an XP bonus when grouped with lower level players!
How Does It Work?
Magic - of course! But in reality we've worked hard to create a system that accurately scales down all of your character's abilities, gear, and stats - this includes pets too!
You might find that you're still a very powerful Ascended, but don't forget that when Mentoring you are weaker than normal - that said, have fun finding or creating all new challenges for you and your friends.
We designed Mentoring to be as easy and pain-free as possible, just set your level and course for adventure. You only need worry about the important things, like stopping the Blood Storm's assault upon Telara - have fun!
Mentoring isn't the only feature to look forward to in RIFT 1.9: Conquest - visit the Update 1.9 page and learn more about Barbershops, Instant Adventure, Primeval Feast (10-man), Summerfest (World Event), and more!