Home > Patch Notes > Patch 1.8 > RIFT 1.8 Patch Notes Final
RIFT 1.8 Patch Notes Final
Date: Apr 18 2012
Views: () Comments ()
- A new equipment slot for crafted Seal items is now available. Recipes to create Seals are available beginning around level 40/skill level 225 for all production crafting skills with the exception of Runecrafting, and can be found on various crafting recipe merchants.
- New crafting daily quests are available for characters with 300 skill!
- All Planar Essences should now be able to be Salvaged or Runebroken appropriately.
- Harvestable mobs from levels 40-44 now grant Titanium when mined.
- Butchering: Bulk recipes have been added to Butchering Trainers for base materials. These new recipes will allow you to process 20 hide directly into 20 leather.
- Butchering skillups from creating leather have been normalized.
- Butchering: Skill requirements for Butchering mobs have been normalized to improve the overall rate and progression of skilling up Butchering.
- Skinning now counts properly toward Achievements for harvesting.
- Foraging: Bulk recipes have been added to Foraging Trainers for base materials. These new recipes will allow you to process 20 raw wood directly into 20 pieces of lumber.
- Foraging skillups from creating lumber have been normalized.
- Foraging: Pristine Distillate now requires 260 Foraging skill to both learn the recipe and craft the item.
- Mining: Bulk recipes have been added to Mining Trainers for base materials. These new recipes will allow you to process 20 ore directly into 20 bars.
- Mining skillups from creating bars have been normalized.
- Apothecary: Glorified Healing Potion now requires 3 Twilight Bloom instead of 4 Basiliskweed Stems.
- Apothecary: Heroic Rootcatch Brew now requires Twilight Bloom instead of Basiliskweed Stems.
- Apothecary: Mighty Brightsurge Vials and Mighty Powersurge Vials now have comparable material requirements.
- Apothecary: Pure Adrenalite, Etherialite, Saintstone, Thiefstone, Valorstone, and Vitalium now require Eternal Planar Dust instead of Endless Planar Dust.
- Apothecary: Sheepish Concoction has its duration extended to 5 minutes. Recipe now requires Soulbind Leather instead of Reinforced Leather.
- Outfitter: Recipes for Witchweave Cowl, Witchweave Breeches, and Witchweave Bag have had their skill level requirements adjusted to match the skill required to create the item.
- Outfitter: Recipes for Steeled Leather Brigandine, Steeled Leather Boots, and Steeled Leather Leggings have had their skill level requirements adjusted to match the skill required to create the item.
- Outfitter: Conditioned Leather Jerkin recipe has been adjusted to require more Steeled Leather and less Cinerium Bars.
- Outfitter: Recipes for Implacable Steel Gauntlets have had their material requirements adjusted to be in line with other similar recipes.
- Weaponsmith: Runeguard Blunderbuss now properly requires the Forge instead of a Workbench.
- Weaponsmith: Recipes for Lightsmasher, Malevolent Greataxe, and Spark Smiter have their material requirements adjusted to be in line with other similar recipes.
- Rogue defensive Essences have been added to Earth and Fire Planar Merchants in Sanctum and Meridian.
- Rift Faction Merchants now sell new Runes that will add resistances to your Planar Focus!
- Several Mage items from Hammerknell have gotten a boost.
- Tweaked some Rogue items on the Hammerknell gear NPC.
- Fixed the misspelling of Abyssal Signet.
- Artifact: Top DPS Build: Now has a shiny new icon!
- Ember Isle collectible books are now Bind On Pickup to match other collectible books in the game.
- Exalted Healing Tonic has its tooltip updated to reflect the actual amount healed.
- Lesser Glittering Windstone and Lesser Coruscating Windstone can now be equipped in the same Focus.
- Philter of Power now has a stacking priority and should no longer be overwritten by a weaker buff.
- Planar Defender's Maul is available for purchase again.
- Poisonous Coating: The poison damage will now only proc from ranged weapon attacks and not any ranged attack.
- Transplanar Synergy Crystals can now be equipped at level 42, to match the equipment levels of the first Transplanar set items.
- The 4-piece set bonus for Stalwart's Battlegear now correctly deals Death-type damage.
- The 4-piece set bonus for Deathbringer's Battlegear now correctly deals Air-type damage.
COMMANDS AND MACROS
- /who results now include a player's guild.
- Typing /a or /artifact in your inventory search bar (ctrl+f) now highlights all artifacts in your inventory.
- Players who are not party leaders can now recommend people to be invited to the group by using the /invite command or right clicking the desired person's portrait and selecting 'Recommend Invite'.
- You can now use the command '/combatlog 1' and '/combatlog 0' to explicitly turn combat logging on or off (it previously would toggle the current setting).
- Addon-style '@' specifiers in Macros are now supported even if Addons are disabled game-wide.
GRAPHICS AND AUDIO
- Adjusted the sound of steam vents in Ember Isle to use less computery resources when audible.
- Optimized loading of textures and sky around Rifts for improved performance.
- Slowed down the forward walking speed of characters along with the animation so characters at a walk move more naturally. Run speed and backwards walking speed are unchanged.
- Added a new Setting checkbox to the Combat panel to control whether Target Nearest Enemy uses or ignores the front-of-character targeting cone.
- The new 'Sort By Progress' button on the Artifact window allows you to sort your Artifact sets based on how complete they are!
- Added Friends Online and Guild Online UI to the menu button tray that displays how many of your friends and guild members are currently online. It can be moved via Layout Editor.
- The Planar Attunement window now remembers the last PA tree you were viewing if you re-log and open the window again.
- Planar Attunement tree buttons can now be dragged to the ability bar, and used to open specific trees.
- The World Event 'Track' option now actually remembers your chosen setting between logins. If an event is untracked during a phase change, the tracking will be turned on again automatically to show the new phase info.
- Planar Attunement Rest-bonus experience once again displays properly in the combat log.
- Scrolling combat text now displays details for Absorbed damage.
- Targets that are immune to interrupts should now *always show the gold cast bar when casting.
- In addition to the gold casting bar, non-interruptible abilities now have a fancy spiky cast bar frame.
- The 'Usable Only' checkbox on the Auction House now filters crafting recipes that you've already learned.
- Canceling or creating an auction now preserves your scroll position on the Auctions window.
- Fixed a bug causing secondary hotbars to be cleared under some circumstances.
- The Achievement score displayed on the Guild Roster should now always match the total displayed on a character's Achievements window.
- Tooltips for crafted and augmented first-on-shard items now display correct stats.
- Optimized loading of Guild Banks and fixed them occasionally opening without a vault being displayed.
- The quest sticky usable-item icon is now a bit larger.
- Widened the ability mouseover and Soul Tree tooltips to get more room for text.
- Added a proper error message for trying to preview items while polymorphed.
- Added some more details to the confirmation box that shows after copying a character to the PTS.
Bookmark and share to your friends
|Related Patch 1.8 Information