Home > Patch Notes > Patch 1.7 > RIFT 1.7 Patch Notes Final
RIFT 1.7 Patch Notes Final
Date: Feb 01 2012
Views: () Comments ()
== FEATURES ==
- PvP: Prestige updates, PvP Planar Attunements, and Warfront Mercenaries, oh my. Check out the PvP Update sections for a lot of info on the latest in RIFT PvP.
- Sweeping changes have come to the progression of gear at levels 45+. See ITEMIZATION ADJUSTMENTS, below, for details.
- No matter who you are, you now have twice as many Expert Dungeons to play in! The two tiers of Expert Dungeon difficulty have been combined into one.
- The new Soul Preset system is now available for use by all players, old and new. Check out USING A PRESET BUILD for info on how you can use the new, optional Purposes to try out new specs.
- Playing RIFT with that special someone? Maybe you'd like to propose at the top of the Stonefield waterfall? IN-GAME WEDDINGS are now available for Ascended.
- A new Chronicle appears! Grab a friend and disguise yourself as Endless Cultists to infiltrate and sabotage Alsbeth's plans within the River of Souls!
- The Master Mode of Caduceus Rise is now available for the conquering!
- A sixth role is now available for purchase!
- KNOWN ISSUE: Augmented items are getting some incorrect positive and negative bonuses with the 1.7 version. This is being fixed and the bonuses received from Augments should be returning to 1.6 values shortly.
LEVEL 45+ ITEMIZATION ADJUSTMENTS
- With this patch we're focusing on improving gear progression in endgame content. The goal is to create a smoother high-end item progression and to ensure level 50 players can be competitive in either/both PvE or PvP with a clear route of content to upgrade through.
- The following improvements are being implemented toward this goal:
- Content tier adjustments to better match with the items granted:
- - Intro 50 content: level 50 Dungeons, Chronicles, Rifts, and Zone Events.
- - "Tier 1": Expert Dungeons, Ember Isle, early Prestige Ranks, Expert Rifts, and Zone Events.
- - "Tier 2": Master Dungeons, entry Raids and Slivers, mid-Prestige Ranks, Raid Rifts, and Zone Events.
- - "Tier 3": Difficult Raids and Slivers, high-end Prestige Ranks.
- Items will improve consistently between tiers of content, instead of having small improvements early on followed by huge power jumps in later tiers.
- The overall power of a new level 50 character will be increased slightly, and the power differential for items between 50 and top-tier content will progress more evenly.
DUNGEON, EXPERT DUNGEON, AND CHRONICLE IMPROVEMENTS
- The biggest change in support of the above progression is the combining of Expert Dungeons to a single difficulty tier, which impacts both gear dropped as well as LFG reward categories. The rest of the level 50 Dungeons and Chronicle content will be getting minor balance tweaks and major itemization adjustments.
- After these changes, the difficulty and rewards from content should be clearer between Chronicles/Level 50 Dungeons and Expert Dungeons.
- In the ongoing effort to more appropriately match up characters of different ranks, and give a smoother entry to high-level PvP, we will be revamping the existing Prestige system in 1.7.
- The Prestige system has expanded from 8 ranks to 40 - existing ranks will be converted to the appropriate rank on the updated scale.
- Bolstering is now enabled for level 50 Warfronts. Players entering a level 50 Warfront below Rank 13 will have their stats boosted to be more effective for both rank-appropriate and mixed-rank Warfronts.
- Marks of Retribution gained from closing PvP Rifts and completing weekly quests are now consumables that grant 1600 Favor.
- Existing Marks of Retribution have been converted back to Favor at 1600 Favor per Mark. Players who find themselves exceeding the current Favor cap after the conversion will need to spend that excess Favor and get below the cap before more can be earned.
- Reinforced Crystallized Insight is now available for purchase from Girdoom in Meridian and Templar Zim in Sanctum. These consumables grant 100,000 Planar Attunement experience at a cost of 15,000 Favor.
- PvP Rifts: To encourage open-world PvP hotspots, only one PvP Rift can now be active at one time across all zones. Sealing a PvP Rift now grants a buff to your entire faction, 'Prismatic Glory', which increases Strength, Dexterity, Intelligence, Wisdom, and Endurance by 10, as well as increasing Prestige, Favor, and Planar Attunement experience gains by 5%.
- Removed grey-item drops from player corpses, and significantly increased coin drops.
PVP SOUL UPDATES - PVP PLANAR ATTUNEMENT
- With 1.7, the PvP-specific Souls have been converted into a Planar Attunement-based character enhancement.
- A large amount of Planar Attunement experience is granted each time you gain a Rank in PvP. Yes, this will be granted retroactively for ranks already gained.
- The Achievement, 'I've Got Soul and I Am a Soldier" is now a Legacy Achievement.
PVP EQUIPMENT UPDATES
- We have made changes to Armor Mitigation in PVP to address a disparity between Physical and Elemental defenses. This will result in characters with high Armor Mitigation for their Calling at level 50 having the mitigation reduced in PvP and being hit by Physical attacks for damage values closer to current Elemental damage values.
- Removed Rank requirements from all PvP armor sets. You still need to purchase sets sequentially, but the limiting factor is now total Favor gained rather than rank.
- PvP weapons and Synergy Crystals will still require specific ranks to purchase and equip.
- PvP Synergy Crystals have a reduced notoriety requirement to equip. A new set requiring Rank 40 and Revered with the Order of the Eye or The Unseen has been added.
- The previously-Rank 3 and Rank 4 gear is now available without prior purchase requirements.
- The previously-Rank 7 and Rank 8 armor has been upgraded to include Vengeance, and the amount of Critical Hit on it reduced slightly.
- Increased the amount of Valor provided by all PvP armor sets.
- Added Valor to PvP set weapons.
- PvP Armor merchants now stock Bows for Defiants and Guns for Guardians.
- Rank 25 and Rank 36 Two-Handed Swords now available for Defiants.
- PvP: One-handed Axes are now available for Guardians and Defiants at rank 1, 12, 25, and 36.
- Rank 25 and 36 Two-Handed Axes are now available for Guardians.
- PvP Armor set merchants now display items filtered by Calling. Filtering can still be disabled if you'd like to purchase items designed for other Callings.
- Costume versions of PvP Rank armor are now available from Desma Chontos in Meridian, and Templar Sanzo in Sanctum. These still have rank requirements to equip.
WARFRONTS - NOW WITH MERCENARIES
- In order to reduce queue times to as near-zero as possible, players may be added the opposing faction's Warfront team as a "Mercenary".
- Queue for Warfronts as normal and you may be assigned as a Mercenary when the Warfront map loads. You'll receive a Mercenary buff and on-screen callout and will be placed as part of the opposite faction's team.
- Coin is now granted for completing Warfronts.
- Damage dealt by your pet is now included in your leaderboard totals.
- Warfronts: The quests given in Port Scion are now automatically removed when your character leaves the Warfront.
- Warfront: Stockpile - Black Garden: The leaderboard now displays the number of stones you've carried throughout the game properly.
Bookmark and share to your friends
|Related Patch 1.7 Information