Author: Raptorak in MMOSite
This dungeon is designed for players level 57 to 60, but is somewhat difficult. Because of this, it's best done with all level 60's. Along with this, having ranged builds for all players (but the tank) makes this dungeon significantly easier. Because all of the battles take place in a small area, the clean map is below.
Boss 1 - Tzul
When you enter the dungeon, you will find Tzul patrolling the bottom floor. You will not be fighting him down here. Instead, clear the trash from the area, while avoiding him. Once the trash is all down, he will move upstairs. This is where the battle will take place.
You will want to pull the boss over to the bridge. From here, turn him so he's facing the group but his body isn't on the bridge (he doesn't cleave). You'll see red light on the ground, which is what you want him to be standing in. This red light gets rid of his armor buff (which decreases the damage he takes) and with more stacks ends up increasing the damage taken by him. This debuff (Bone Shrapnel) can also be put on your group, so ensure nobody is standing in it.
Occasionally, the boss will create a big bubble around him that pulses. Everyone needs to move out of this, towards the opposite side of the bridge. He will then add the Bone Shrapnel debuff to that side of the bridge, so you swap places with him and place him back in it again. Just keep going back and forth as needed and this battle's pretty easy!
This fight is a bit of a DPS race, so being ranged is essential to speeding up the fight. There are a couple mechanics to watch here, but keeping DPS up is important as well.
- Around the room there are four levels. Each player, other than the tank, needs to be standing by one. Throughout the battle one of these will turn green. The person beside it needs to click it as soon as possible. Sometimes a single lever will be chosen multiple times in a row (mine was picked 4 times), and sometimes not at all, so just be attentive to it
- Frightened Experiment - throughout the fight the boss will emote “A frightened experiment emerges from the pile of corpses.” At this point a minion will spawn. It needs to be burned down as fast as possible, as after a short while the boss will teleport to it and start eating it, gaining a 3% damage buff for each bite he takes
- Enfeebling Cloud - this is a raid-wide attack that does a few thousand damage. It just needs to be healed through
This fight essentially boils down to pulling the levers on time and killing the minions as fast as possible. The longer the fight goes on, the more time there is for Vorka to get stacks of his buff, and the bigger the chances are of the group wiping.
This boss is pretty easy. Her mechanics include the following:
- Javelin Barrage - this is a normal attack that hits the tank
- Barnacle Encrusted Trident - this creates a blue bubble around a trident. Get out of the bubble to avoid taking damage from it
- Flood the Halls - this raises the water level in the room. The pedestals around the boss are the safe spot, so as soon as this skill starts everyone needs to jump on one
- Aquatic Evocation - this is used after Flood the Halls and is a damage skill used on the pedestals you were previously on. It also has a knockback, so as soon as Flood the Halls ends, jump off the pedestals
- Depth Charge - this creates blue orbs that move across the room. Each time she uses this, three more are created. These need to be dodged
This battle pretty much just relies on moving dynamically as needed to avoid the different mechanics.
The skills that Cahail uses are the following:
- Stygian Fissure - this has two channels. The first channel is yellow and will cause him to start doing damage in front of him (you'll see a rectangular marker in front of him on the ground). Avoid this. As soon as that channel finishes, he will use the same skill again, this time with a short-timed blue bar. This needs to be interrupted or it will do more frontal damage and will spawn a minion. If the minion spawns, you'll need to work on killing it with the boss
- Frenzied Embrace - this puts AoE bubbles on the ground. The less health the boss has, the more of these will spawn. The goal with this is to stay out of them, and usually the outside of the room is the safest area to stand
- Monstrous Remodeling - this can be interrupted. If it isn't, it'll slow the entire group
- Reform Anatomy - this deals AoE damage to its target and slows anyone affected by it. You can cleanse this
By far the biggest killers in this fight are the Frenzied Embrace bubbles and the minions (if you don't interrupt in time). Keep both of these in check and you're good to go.
This is by far the hardest boss in the dungeon, due to his mechanics. They are as follows:
- Child of Ahzrius - this spawns two minions. They don't do a lot of damage but they need to be taken down as they will add up over time. These can be taken down with AoE's, as well as the next skill below
- Genetic Alteration - this will cause a person to have a cone where they're facing. After a couple seconds, they will shoot out a cleave in that direction. This damages party members but also takes down the minions, so it's best if this can be used in the direction of them
- Morphic Wave - this can be interrupted and needs to be. You want to keep him below 5 stacks, and any time you interrupt the skill it will cause all stacks to drop. This is used often, so just interrupt as you're able to
- Drastic Renovations - this creates a bubble around the boss. Everyone must run into it as soon as possible as it will do an AoE outside of it
- Unbridled Mutation - this targets a random person and adds a DoT to them that also radiates damage to nearby players. Heal through it
- Unnatural Selection - this skill will cause two random people to be teleported away. One will be put in the room with levers, where they must pull four levers that light up and then get a portal back to the boss. The other will be in a room with AoE's on the ground they need to avoid. Avoid four of these and a portal will spawn to allow entrance back to the boss
This battle is easiest to do with either healer and support or two healers. The players taken by Unnatural Selection are random, and in some cases it will pull both the tank and healer. The boss won't be attacking during this phase (while he's channeling the skill) but any minions that are still alive will be. Just try to stay alive while waiting on those who were ported away to return and then resume the battle.