When you open the crafting panel, you will find 4 colors below. They present the value of the recipe for leveling.
Gray - Gathering or crafting these items cannot level your skills up.
Green - Gathering or crafting these items can slightly level your skills up. You need to gather/craft lots of these items to level up.
Yellow - Gathering or crafting these items can level your skills up with a low possibility. Gather/craft these items to level up is reasonable.
Orange - Gathering or crafting these items can level your skills up with a high possibility.
1. It may take you double ingredients to level up when the recipe is yellow. (Usually, it's less than 1.5 times.) And you have to prepare 3 times ingredients for leveling up when the recipe is green. (Ususally, it's less than double.)
The possibility to level up: orange is 100%, yellow is around 67%, green is less than 25% and gray is 0%.
2. So, remember:
- 1. Choose the cheapest ingredients to level up.
- 2. If you don't believe in your luck, just prepare more ingredients for leveling. Usually, you should prepare 110% ingredients as requirement.
3. One of the more interesting items made by an Apothecary are philters that heal or buff an entire party in one gulp. One person drinks the philter and it heals the entire party or raid.
Example: Basic Filter of Restoration – heals 500 health to all party or raid members over 30 seconds (requires character to be level 25). I do not know if these stack, yet.
4. The Apothecary profession goes best with Foraging. You'll need plants and some animal parts to make items. With 2/3 professions required for Apothecary, you might consider taking another gathering profession like Butchery or Mining to help supplement your income by selling the materials in the Auction House.
|Defiant||Ajax Mellas||The Manufactory, Meridian||5963,5212|
|Guardian||Armond Santiago||Bahralt Street, Sanctum||7434,2994|
Looking for more Apothecary Trainer (ZAM Wiki)
|Lesser Mana Potion||Don't sell it to NPC, AH need potions for newbies.|
|1 10 20 30||x1||x1|
|Lesser Healing Potion||If Healing potions is more expensive in AH, choose Lesser Healing Potion to level up.|
|1 10 20 30||x1||x2|
|Minor Explosive Philter||From 20 to 60, it will cost about 60-80 Creeperbrush Roots.|
|20 30 40 50||x1||x1||x1|
|Minor Healing Potion||If you have lots of Creeperbrush Roots, choose this one.|
|40 50 60 70||x2||x1|
|Minor Mana Potion||If you have lots Grieveblossom Petals, choose this one.|
|40 50 60 70||x2||x1|